On Wednesday, April 21, 2021, Keane & Beane, P.C. will present its 2021 Spring Webinar Series, Part II: “Primer on Public Bidding”. Attorneys Stephanie L. Burns and Drew Victoria Gamils will provide an overview on public bidding requirements. The purchasing process for municipalities and school districts is shaped by General Municipal Law and the policies and procedures local governments adopt. These policies and procedures create a competitive process intended to reduce the cost of goods and services. To participate in public procurement, a qualified contractor needs to understand the rules and requirements of public bidding. Seeking competition in public procurements is a complex topic, this presentation will help shed light on the ins and outs of public bidding to assist municipalities, school districts and contractors.
Topics will include:
- When is Competitive Bidding Required?
- The difference between Bid, RFP and RFQ and when to use each
- Public Bidding procedural requirements
- Best Value Procurement
- Exceptions to Public Bidding, including piggybacking and professional services
- Local Procurement Policies
- Women and Minority Business Enterprises
- Wicks Law
The Zoom webinar on April 21st will begin at 12:00 p.m. and end at 1:30 p.m. and will include a question and answer segment. Registration is required by emailing email@example.com. An access code will be sent to registrants the morning of the program.