On January 21, 2021 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Stephanie L. Burns will participate on the panel of The Lower Hudson Special Education Task Force‘s webinar “Codes of Conduct and Rights & Responsibilities of Students with Disabilities” to address issues such as:
- What is a Code of Conduct?
- How can students and families learn about students’ rights and obligations under school Codes of Conduct?
- What happens when there is a violation of the Code of Conduct? What protections and supports must be afforded to students with disabilities when faced with the possibility of school discipline?
- What is a Manifestation Determination anyway?
- How can the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) protect students?