Keane & Beane handles all aspects of public sector municipal representation, including day-to-day counseling, draft/revise and renew contracts for services and inter-municipal agreements, code revisions, project bidding, zoning and development, review and approval, labor relations and negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, administrative hearings and complex court litigation. We also represent private parties before municipal boards in various matters, including zoning changes, variance, site plan, special permit approvals and other land use applications, utility projects and rate setting, organization of municipal and private sewer and water districts and tax certiorari proceedings.
Our attorneys represent many municipalities as general or special counsel, including the Villages of Dobbs Ferry, Pleasantville, Rye Brook and Spring Valley; the Towns of Bedford, Haverstraw, Lewisboro, New Castle, North Castle, Orangetown and Pelham; the Cities of Beacon and Peekskill; and the Counties of Orange, Putnam and Ulster.
We are active in the New York State Bar Association Municipal Law section and lecture to the Westchester Municipal Planning Federation, New York State Association of Towns, and Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University.
Some examples of our track record in this area:
- The first codification of local laws and ordinances and the comprehensive redrafting of subdivision regulations for the Village of Rye Brook and Town of Southeast.
- Successfully defending the Village of Sleepy Hollow's Findings Statement concerning the proposed redevelopment of the GM factory, known as Lighthouse Landing. In this case, the Supreme Court of New York issued a comprehensive decision dismissing the vast majority of General Motor’s Challenge.
- Securing major reclassifications of surface waters on behalf of an investor-owned water company serving 85,000 residents in the State of Connecticut.
- Drafting Zoning Ordinances for the Towns of Red Hook and Woodstock, NY.
- Oversee $28 million redevelopment of waste water treatment plant and organization of sewer district in the Town of Bedford
Advantages for Clients
Our attorneys provide constant personal assistance to and demonstrate a multi-faceted involvement in all aspects of the legal and general welfare of our municipalities. They draw on deep practice area experience in various areas, including Land Development & Zoning and private clients involved in municipal projects, Labor Relations & Employment Law litigation and contract law to achieve outstanding results for all our municipal and private clients.