Sarah A. StecklerAssociate
Sarah Steckler is a trust and estates and elder law attorney focused in the areas of estate planning, estate administration, real estate and elder care. Ms. Steckler advises individuals and families concerning all aspects of estate planning and administration, including estate tax and asset preservation for the transfer of wealth to later generations. She also counsels seniors and their families as well as individuals with disabilities regarding Medicaid planning and applications, supplemental needs trusts, pooled trusts, guardianshps, long term care insurance, hospital discharge, assisted living and nursing home admissions agreements, private medical insurance, Medicare, hospice, homecare services, admission to skilled nursing facilities, Veterans benefits, and real estate and commercial transactions. Ms. Steckler joined Keane & Beane in 2011.
- State and Federal Courts of New York
- State Courts and Federal Courts of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- New York State Bar Association (Member, Trust and Estates, Elder Law and Young Lawyers Sections)
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Westchester Women's Bar Association
Ms. Steckler was recognized by Syracuse University College of Law with the Orange Award for her commitment to Pro Bono and Community Service.
Ms. Steckler served a mentor with the Young Lawyers Section Mentoring Initiative with Cardozo Law School. She has also worked with The George Washington University's Admissions Alumni & Parent Program which interviews prospective candidates for undergraduate admission since 2007. Ms. Steckler has been a musician in the Westchester Band since its 28th season which performs a free weekly concert series in Chase Park during the summer. Ms. Steckler also is the Program Director for the Senior Law Day Collaborative which provides free programs on elder law topics to seniors and their families.
- 2010, J.D., Syracuse University College of Law
- Disability Law and Policy Certificate
- Family Law and Social Policy Certificate
- 2010, C.A.S., Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- Health Service Management and Policy
- 2007, B.A., The George Washington University